New Enrolments

Enrolment at Arrowtown School is governed by an enrolment scheme. If you are living within the enrolment zone (map below), your child/ren have automatic right of entry.

Due to the large increase in the roll at Arrowtown School the school no longer accepts any out of zone children, including siblings of present students. If we find ourselves with space to accept out of zone children, we will put an ad in the Mountain Scene, so please do register your interest with the office if this is the case.

Students who are temporarily overseas or are on an extended holiday can stay on the school roll, provided that the school has documentary evidence of their intention to return to the school, and that their absence does not exceed 15 consecutive weeks in the current school year. Students away for longer than 15 weeks are taken off the roll. If they enrol on their return they must meet the zoning criteria.

At enrolment time you need to bring the following documents to the office, or email copies to the office:

      • a NZ birth certificate (available from Births, Deaths and Marriages on 0800 22 52 52) or NZ passport

      • or proof of residency or student visa (if not a New Zealand citizen)

      • or Australian passport (NZ has a reciprocal agreement with Australia)

along with the following:

      • proof of residence (e.g. a rates bill, etc.) to confirm that the child is "in zone"

      • an immunisation certificate completed and signed by the doctor or practice nurse